Mr. Scott Thurmond of Thurmond Consulting, LLC is bilingual (Spanish-English) and has over 17 years of experience in non-profit/ program management, along with possessing knowledge of budgeting and fiscal management necessary to manage complex budgets.
Below is a list of Mr. Thurmond’s further expertise:
Grant Writing/ Administration of Fiscal Management
- 17 years of successful experience in contract and grant writing, contract negotiation and contract and grant administration.
- Familiarity with federal, state and local funding sources, including HUD, FESG, FSPS, FEMA, EHAP, CSBG, CDBG, TANF/CalWorks, The California Endowment, United Way, County of Yolo and Department of Corrections and various other private funding sources
- 13 years of recent experience in project conceptualization and implementation
- Hiring, training, development and evaluation of 29 full-time and nine part-time staff.
- Management of annual budget of over $900,000 including monthly fiscal management
- Oversight of daily services for the homeless and low-income, including family and singles housing programs and transitional housing for singles and families
- Familiarity with all county and federal welfare assistance programs
- Grant reporting and program evaluation
- Successful fundraising and public relations activities to build community support
- Demonstrated leadership and initiative in building continuums of care and collaborations
- Management of financing for supportive housing projects